My notes & rankings for the 2015 Hugo Graphic Story category.
- Rat Queens Volume 1: Sass and Sorcery, written by Kurtis J. Weibe, art by Roc Upchurch
4 stars / I enjoyed this. Modern language dropped in a fantasy setting. A bit gory but quite funny.
- Saga Volume 3, written by Brian K. Vaughan, illustrated by Fiona Staples
4 stars / I have V1 & V2 (from a HumbleBundle I think) but haven’t ever gotten around to them, in part part because I thought they were “serious”. I’m partway through V3 and it’s been pretty amusing so far.
- Ms. Marvel Volume 1: No Normal, written by G. Willow Wilson, illustrated by Adrian Alphona and Jake Wyatt
3 stars / Enjoyable YA/preteen comic. Not bad but nothing I really be interested in following.
- Sex Criminals Volume 1: One Weird Trick, written by Matt Fraction, art by Chip Zdarsky
3 stars / Interesting idea, some funny stuff.
- No Award
- The Zombie Nation Book #2: Reduce Reuse Reanimate, Carter Reid
2 stars / Read January through March of his 2014 posts. Amusing, occasionally funny. I wouldn’t mind the anti-Lib cracks except I’m sure they’re part of why he was nominated and I dislike that anyone would be nominated because of their politics.